Using passwords at play and at work is a part of our everyday daily lives. You have probably have heard about the need to create a strong password, renewing your passwords and using two factor authentication when possible.
But have you heard about password managers that can create unique passwords and store your login passwords in one place online? Well, they are one option for keeping all those random passwords in a tidy and relatively safe place.
Making passwords stronger is something we hear about in the media often these days, and its an important thing to do when you use many devices, here are our top 5 things to look for in a strong password.
- Use words that are not normally associated together.
- Use a password manager to create a strong password for you if you want a very strong password.
- Don’t share your passwords with with other people.
- Use different passwords for every place you need one.
- Don’t use personal information such as a birth year in a password-that everyone can look up.
For those of you who really hate passwords there is a biometric solution with a bold move to where we may no longer need passwords and instead only use our biometric data as proof of entry. Although this too carries its own set of security issues. A big name brand that talks more about this is Microsoft.
So, whether passwords are always going to be with us or whether they will eventually become a thing of the past it seems only time and technology adoption will tell. One thing we know for sure is that we can guarantee is that passwords sure are getting trickier to create but are still too easy to forget whether at work or at play.